Five Ways to Spend an Unforgettable Day in Lake George! From boats to rollercoasters, here is a gui
Lake George is counted as an all-time favorite summer vacation destination for many. You may be planning your first trip to this spectacular lake or maybe you have visited Lake George your whole life. No matter what category of Lake George visitors you fall into, there is one thing we all have in common. We want an experience we will never forget! Calling all Lake George enthusiasts! Here are five ways to spend an unforgettable day in Lake George.
1. Get on the water! There are several ways to immerse yourself in the heart of the area and get out into the sparkling lake. Take a boat ride on one of many historic steamboats and see breathtaking views of The Adirondack Mountains and the surrounding beauty right from the center of the water! The Lake George Steamboat Company offers several different cruises, all with unique and enticing features. Boats set sail on a regular schedule all summer long. Lake George Shoreline offers shoreline cruises, parasailing adventures, u-drive boats, and waterside dining at the Shoreline Restaurant! Have you ever thought to rent a boat? You may want to test your skills and rent a kayak for the day. Paddling up and down the lake will certainly be unforgettable and a great workout too! Whether renting a pontoon, power boat, kayak, or canoe, Lake George has an unforgettable boating experience waiting for you! Another option to enjoy the water is to go to the beach. Million Dollar Beach, located on Beach Road in Lake George Village, is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. It is the perfect place to soak in the sun and splash in the water on those hot summer days. Pack a picnic or take a midday stroll into Lake George Village for a lakeside lunch. The water will never be too far out of sight.
2. Shop ‘til you drop! Deals! Deals! Deals! Do you love to shop? The Factory Outlets of Lake George offer an endless shopping experience to fill your day. J. Crew, New Balance, Polo Ralph Lauren, Gap, Banana Republic, and Brooks Brothers are only a few of the retail stores at your service, with Michael Kors expected to be the newest addition during the summer of 2018! The Log Jam Restaurant is the perfect shopping break to refuel for more browsing. Insider tip: For a memorable dessert, order the mud pie. It is outstanding!
3. Play! If you have children to entertain or are just a kid at heart, there is never-ending entertainment and fun in Lake George. Your heart will skip a beat while you ride the rides and slide down the slides at The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom. Be sure to stop at Martha’s Dandee Creme, a famous Lake George landmark nearby, for a frozen treat. Martha’s recently added a grille to its traditional soft serve ice cream stand. Long lines to the ice cream window on summer nights are unforgettable old-fashioned fun. Speaking of old-fashioned fun, Lake George Village has less of a theme park atmosphere and more of carnival feel with games and rides that will take you back in time. Enjoy skee ball, pinball, and many more games at Fun World Arcade. Eat Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, go to several candy shops, play mini golf, and scare yourself silly at The House of Frankenstein Wax Museum and Dr. Morbid’s Haunted House. Step back in time by entertaining the family at the drive-in movies at the Glen Drive-In! Make memories with playtime in Lake George!
4. Learn! Learning can be fun, especially in a gorgeous setting like Lake George! The Fort William Henry Museum offers historical tours and demonstrations, a museum and gift shop. The museum’s website describes the historic significance of the fort: “In 1755 Fort William Henry was constructed to command the southern end of Lake George. It was a British outpost to protect the colonies farther to the south and to serve as a launching site against the French held northern end of the lake protected by Fort Carillon. Its short history and violent end has been retold, although inaccurately, in James Fenimore Cooper’s, Last of the Mohicans.” There are even candlelit ghost tours in the evening to go to if you dare! Out of the history books and into real life, the Fort William Henry Museum takes you from a day of Twitter and Instagram to a world of muskets and cannons. Explore Lake George history at this local gem.
5. Enjoy the arts! There is something so magical about seeing a live stage performance! In Lake George, you can see high schoolers tackle three outstanding Broadway shows at Lake George Youtheatre. The performances take place in July and August at Lake George High School and are always a hit! After the show, stop by The Harvest Restaurant in Queensbury, NY, where there is a pizza named after the famous Lake George High School alum, Rachael Ray! On Thursday nights at Shephard Park in the summer, the Lake George Community Band takes to the stage, outside! Listen to the strings, winds, and brass under the stars with the lake as the backdrop to the open air stage. After the concert, fireworks pop overhead! This is an experience you will be sure to always remember!
Lake George is full of spectacular and exciting days to be had. The magic of Lake George is only one trip away. Country House Bed & Breakfast is just minutes from Lake George, NY! Whether staying for a night or for the season, your Lake George experience awaits, and I guarantee, you will never forget it!